Data Analyst, Human Resources (6-month contract)
May 10, 2022
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected for the tenth consecutive year in 2022 as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
This position can be based out of Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver or Calgary. McCarthy Tétrault employees benefit from a hybrid work environment.
As a Data Analyst, Human Resources, you will be:
This role will be responsible for completing reports for the business year end processes. They will work within our HRMS tool, specifically the business intelligence reporting section. In addition, they will also provide back up to the Reporting Analyst and HRMS System admin.
- Providing accurate and timely business reporting including but not limited to: payroll and benefits audit reporting, payroll and benefits reconciliation, retro calculations, headcount, general data inquires and other reports as required.
- Specific year end business reporting for our job evaluation process, compensation and payroll reporting.
- Building, and delivering reporting for various stakeholders in the business as requested
- Troubleshooting and fixing reporting issues as they arise.
- Maintaining all documentation relating to reporting.
- Focusing on continuous innovation; utilizing analytical tools to provide data driven insights and providing recommendations to management team regarding reporting procedural enhancements.
- Participating in work teams with other business stakeholders to understand their reporting needs.
- Collaborating with the Reporting Analyst, System admin on data and reporting inquiries to ensure the best solution to the business problem.
- Ensuring compliance with people data governance policies and guidelines.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in using business analytics tools to design and create HR reports with demonstrated knowledge applying analytical methodology.
- Familiarity using various HRIS systems to navigate extract data, writes report queries etc.; knowledge of UKG and exposure to Cognos BI and Power BI is an asset.
- Certification, diploma or Bachelor degree in data science, computer science, Business Intelligence background considered a strong asset
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills (data presentation, VLOOKUPS, index and match formulas).
- Data validation between multiple data sets.
- Experience working with SQL and in a data base environment.
- High attention to detail and analytical capabilities.
- Strong knowledge and working experience of business technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment and to maintain a professional attitude.
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to ensure accuracy.
- Bilingualism considered an asset.
As a member of the McCarthy team, you will have access to:
- Competitive compensation including paid overtime.
- A commitment to professional development and growth opportunities for our people at all levels, supported by a culture that fully embraces and encourages two-way feedback.
- Strong community involvement and a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- A collaborative, cohesive culture that connects lawyers and business teams through collective purpose.
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.