McCarthy Tétrault’s National Appellate Litigation Group has nearly 50 members seamlessly integrated across Canada, with offices in major commercial centres including Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, and Montreal. Our active lawyers have argued nearly 1,300 appellate cases in eight out of ten Canadian provinces and one territory, including 129 cases in the Supreme Court of Canada. We have represented clients throughout the country in a diverse range of industries, appearing in some of the most high-profile, precedent-setting cases in Canadian legal history.
The National Appellate Litigation Group offers a comprehensive range of services, including
- acting for appellants and respondents in appeals, references and judicial reviews, including where we did not act as counsel in the proceedings below
- acting for interveners in proceedings before appellate courts
- acting for applicants and respondents in procedural matters, such as leave to appeal applications
- arguing complex motions and preserving appeal rights at court of first instance
- assessing the viability of potential appeals
- assisting other lawyers and law firms in the preparation of appeals
- offering opinions on complex legal issues
For further information, please visit our website.